If you love to snack on chocolate regularly, you probably know that it contains caffeine. Does this mean that eating a chocolate bar can have the same effect as drinking a cup of coffee? Will eating chocolate too late at night cause you to lie awake in bed, tossing and turning all night as you frantically try to fall asleep?
If you’re a chocolate lover, you can probably attest to the wave of happiness you experience after you bite into your favorite morsel of the tasty substance. You may attribute this to your own personal preference for chocolate, but there are scientific studies that show that the chemical composition of chocolate may be responsible for releasing endorphins that lift our moods.
The tempering process organizes these ingredients to retain its qualities in other forms. Organizing these components comes down to heating and cooling the chocolate. It sounds simple enough, but it is one of the most challenging and frustrating processes. It takes many years of experience to be able to temper chocolate consistently.
The greatest thing since sliced bread. In fact, it's better than sliced bread; it's made of chocolate. The chocolate bar! We take chocolate bars for granted. People buy millions every day. But, who invented the chocolate bar? Who was the genius who turned chocolate into a portable, hand-held piece of heaven?
Chocolate only grows 20 degrees north or south of the equator. The equator is the midway mark between the north and south pole and runs around the earth. The equator's distance is 24,901 miles, and nearly 79% of that distance is water, leaving only roughly 21% land for cocoa to grow.